Monday, April 22, 2019

Melody

How is Melody? We hear this a lot. How is she? She’s lost without her sister. She understands that she is dead and not coming back. She’s confused as to how it happened. She believes that got sick and didn’t get better. So now if we get sick she gets clingy.

She acts out at school. When she decides she doesn’t want to do something it’s hard to convince her otherwise. She will outright refuse even if it means losing something that means a lot to her.

I started writing this blog post a little over a week ago. I kept feeling stuck. Yesterday my beautiful five year old came to me for the first time since losing Aaliyah truly heartbroken. Clear signs of it all over her sweet face. She looked me in the eyes and said “ I miss Aaliyah.” She than cried for a good twenty minutes while I rubbed her back. The same deep emotional tears, I can’t seem to stop shedding. My family, my daughter, is just as broken as me. Only time will heal us.

No comments:

Post a Comment