Saturday, January 19, 2013

In Gods Hands Part 3

In Gods Hands Part 3

The day of my c-section I felt so calm. I knew I would see Aaliyah soon but wasn't sure if I would be able to see Natalia. I told the nurses if she was  there I really wanted to see her. We weren't sure if she would have merged with the placenta or not. We had been pushed back because of an emergency csection that had to take place. They felt bad because it had been over 12hrs since I had eaten but I was not hungry just anxious to get the show on the road.

Finally they take Rob to get prepped and wheel me down. They had NICU on stand by for Aaliyah. We knew she would more than likely go down to be checked out. We had Maroon 5 playing and before I knew it she was letting out a scream to announce her arrival. The nurse took a few pictures of her and she was taken to the NICU. She also took a picture of Natalia tiny little hand and of how much she weighed.

Off we went to recovery and they brought Natalia to us. One of the hardest moments of my life but also one of the most treasured memories I have. We both held her, told her we loved her, kissed her, touched her little hand and most importantly I just laid with her. Eventually I told Rob to go be with Aaliyah, she had to know she wasn't alone. Those two hours I spent with her were the most precious two hours of my life. Don't get me wrong I will have many precious moments with Aaliyah but this is the only time I will have with Natalia in this life. We had a chaplain come and do a naming ceremony, my sweet angel Natalia Elena Elizabeth forever in our hearts. The hospital was so amazing while handling all of this, they gave us some sweet gifts. We decided to handle her tiny little body ourselves and I will make a blog dealing with just this part of our story at a later time.



 So eventually I was taken to my room but had to slowly recover before I could see Aaliyah who was staying down in NICU. Rob and several family members went to see her, let her know she was loved, and most definitely not alone. I was not going to let them take her to her MRI before I saw her, I made it just before they took her. Daddy made sure she wasn't alone.



Once again it was in Gods hands she was staying in NICU.

The last part of in Gods hands will be our NICU journey.

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Ali. She will always be a part of your soul, a member of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes she will. I always stop and place a kiss on her memorial in the morning and before I go to bed.

      Delete