Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Second Family

In Gods Hands Part 2 I said I would talk about the amazing group of women who became my family, we  call each other sister wives. I know that term usually means something else but for us we became sisters, fellow mothers who only wanted the best for our precious cargo and family.  We met thanks to the WTE forums, all expecting multiples, we gathered our wagons around the proverbial fire. One thing people don't know is that twins are considered high risk and the information can vary. The doctors who handle high risk are not always the best personality wise. You can have many ups and downs. Questions you may be to nervous to ask. Without this group of amazing, beautiful, courageous women I would not have made it.

When I first joined I was nervous, large group of women... Who wouldn't be nervous. When things started to go wrong I had them to stand by me. When I told them Natalia was gone they stood by me and grieved for her as well. They were a rock for me to lean on. Not just for me but for other moms who lost one if not all their babies. Sadly the group has suffered far to many losses. Not many can grasp that kind of loss. It is a bitter sweet when you  are carrying two/three little lives inside you and you lose one yet still carry the other one. Some of the mothers gave birth to two live babies just to lose one soon and sometimes a few months later. We live with this constant reminder there should be two or three little ones wanting your attention. They have come through in times of need and sometimes just to give. 

I am not saying we always get along, because no one does. We have our differences. We sometimes don't get each others sense of humor. We can sometimes piss each other off. In the end I would like to believe that we come back together. Some of us have already met, with plans for others to meet in the near future. We joke about buying an island so we could move and live our lives out in peace or as close as possible.

They also got me on of my most treasured gifts.



2 comments:

  1. I seriously dont know what I would have done without you ladies!!! I still think of you all all the time!!
    Savanna Nicholson

    ReplyDelete