Friday, March 1, 2013

Gifts for My Girls

I love giving gifts and of course more so now with Aaliyah being here. It is something I am seriously loving. Now just because Natalia isn't "here" doesn't mean I won't buy for her, all though it is for me at the same time.

I love how much people love Aaliyah. She has "aunts" all over the world. So many people looking out for her. It means the world but what means the most to me are the people who love Natalia, who grieve for her. The people who take the time to get her gifts as well. The people who let me talk about her. The people who buy Aaliyah gifts, from her sister and to remind her of her sister. The people who buy me things that acknowledge both girls.

I am making a small Easter basket for Natalia. Her gifts may be different, not as large but she will get them.

I will post some that we have recieved some already and I plan on posting some pictures.

This beautiful little fairy baby was made by my amazing friend Minda, she has an amazing talent. This little baby lays on top of Natalias' urn and always will.


















I had planned on getting both girls getting one with the date they were born.  My mom bought it for me shortly after we found out about Natalia.
This angel and the book behind it was a gift to Aaliyah from our friend Jessica. It was to make sure Aaliyah knows her angel is always with her.
This was a gift to Natalia from Robert, Aaliyah and me.

This was from our dear friend Katrina



This is from my mom
There are little things that mean something to me. Things that remind me of her.




 I have several pieces on the way and when I do I will be making a special blog about that. Also a blog about some wonderful groups that help grieving families.

I plan on getting a nice bigger set up once we move. A simple way to make me happy keep Natalia, in mind when giving us gifts. It means more than you will ever know.




6 comments:

  1. Alicia, I have read all your posts and I want to thank you for opening up and sharing everything along the way. I'm sorry for your loss and I wish nothing but the best for your beautiful daughter. I enjoy seeing all the pics of her (and now a video) and watching her grow. Thank you again, April Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, an amazing tribute to both of your girls. And I am so happy you posted it for me to see. I don't like to write much on FB or my blog where we live, but when you said you delivered at Hartford Hospital my heart sank. I am a NICU nurse in the NICU at Hartford Hospital and I delivered Lily in L&D at Hartford. We personally donated the LilyWrap in memory of Lily that you wrapped Natalia in. When I saw it on Natalia's table with her urn tears came. Thank you for reaching out to say thank you to me because in my heart I feel like I should be saying thank you to you. You have given me such an amazing gift. So much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Hartford Hospital they were amazing. We were in NICU North from Sept 7th till the 18th. I love the nurses. We dropped off a ton of preemie clothes Aaliyah used and I have 5 more outfits to drop. I picked some up when they hit markdowns and plan on doing that as a regular thing.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, and the personal note that I put with each LilyWrap on your table. Thank you from every bit of my heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend a lot of time looking at it. I hold the blanket a lot.

      Delete