Friday, April 5, 2013

My Pain, My Struggles

"Don't try to top my pain, my problems, my life, my anything. You have yours, I have mine. Don't make less of mine and I won't make less of yours."

I put that as my status on Facebook recently, for two reasons, one for a friend who keeps encountering someone who is a "tad" insensitive. By that I mean the person that my friend is dealing with can be a total tool.

Second for me, so many times I try to talk to people and they try to compare, to tell me their struggles. In my case I try to understand that the person/people mean well. They are trying to relate. Mind you I might kill for some of their problems.

We each handle adversity in our own way, some can handle more than others. I hear a lot how strong I am, how I inspire people, how brave I am. I'm not strong, no idea how I inspire anyone, and I am most definitely not brave. I just do what I have to do. Despite everything that has happened I have to focus on Aaliyah. I am her mother, and that is what a mother does.








No comments:

Post a Comment