Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Our Day of Celebrating

FaceBook Status Today:

"One year ago I was so sick and in so much pain from a migraine I called Robert home to get me to my obs office. They gave me something to help with the pain and said if it didn't get better to go to the ER. To me the most important thing was to see my girls and know that they were okay. I saw there tiny bodies and their strong heartbeats and I felt a little better. From the looks on the the tech and OBs face I knew things were not looking good but I continued to hope, I didn't want this to be the last time I saw my girls alive. Who knew that literally seven days later Natalia would be gone.

Natalia my sweet baby girl, not a day goes by that I don't wonder if there was anything I could have done to keep you here. You and your sister were a lifetime wish come true. Now here we stand with her and you are just out our reach. You gave me so much and I will never forget you. Someday we will meet again but till that day May 29th will be a small celebration of your brief life and what you mean to us."
 
Today we choose to celebrate Natalia's short life because no matter how brief it was she brought immense joy and simply put she matters.  I will not discuss what came after this day yet, that is for my reflection post next week. Today I am going to post some important moments, happy moments none of the sad ones.

1) The moment we confirmed I was pregnant. We didn't know it was twins but we knew that I started having symptoms at about 3wks!
2) First Ultrasound! How amazing, how shocking to find out we were carrying identical twins. Our Froggy A and Froggy B
3) Seeing their actual little faces and hands. Seeing those tiny little beings was so amazing.
4) Watching how the little babies almost always were laying on top of each other or head to head.
5) Finding out they were girls! Oh my did that make my day. 
6) Getting to the end of the pregnancy and still being able to hold Natalia. I held my baby girl. 
Next week will be a hard one but we will get through.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment