Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Little Things You Take For Granted

I have several blogs that are sitting there started but not finished. I am excited about them but the other day something happened and it made me cry. A cry a long time coming and needed.

I had cried when I first heard the diagnosis but it was more out of shock, the doctors were very cut and dry at the time. This was different, this was for what my daughter can't do. I am not talking the distant future I am talking about right now. Yes every kid develops differently but keep in mind you KNOW they will do it at some point. I don't have that "guarantee", I have faith that she will do it at some point.

So what happened that made me cry? I was laying on the couch with her, she was sleeping on  my chest. Her hands flat against me and I lifted it to kiss her palm. Than it hit me...she has never once lifted her hand to touch my face. Never once lifted her arms for me to pick her up. We have only heard her laugh the one time. She smiles but it can go days before we see it again.

I am happy that if you sit her up, she can hold it for a little bit. I am happy that she will try to stand. I am happy she is trying to army crawl. I am happy when sometimes if we are holding her and talking to someone else if we turn and look at her, a smile lights up her face with pure joy. I am happy she can roll, mostly from tummy to back but hey she can do it. Most of all I am happy we have her. her progress may be slow but she doesn't give up and she will get there at her own pace.

So please, don't feel scared your child hasn't it made it to that point, be happy that they are healthy and happy. At some point they will make it to where they need to be.






ETA: I never even touched that I will never have these moments with Natalia.

6 comments:

  1. It will come momma! I didn't get a smile from my Elise for almost 2 years. Now they come all the time. And I cherish every single one of them. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to take it day by day. Some are just hard. :)

      Delete
  2. Your strength is amazing. Tears are well needed and much deserved sometimes. Don't ever be hard on yourself, you are a special woman.

    ReplyDelete