Monday, February 4, 2013

Do I or Don't I?

Do I tell someone Aaliyah is a twin or don't I? It feels never ending saga. I have been out a time or two with my niece who is 2 and 1/2 weeks older than Aaliyah. People have asked if they are twins and I most times respond with no cousins close in age. That is a time when I don't mention it. I know if I do people will stumble over an apology that isn't needed. Not like they knew what happened or that Natalia is missing.

Today I had two moments where I had to consider do I or don't I. The first one I did because I was discussing why I hadn't done something in the last year. The second one was a big don't. We had an 8am appointment and had no time to eat before. We so many errands to run, we went out to eat. The waitress gushes over Aaliyah, big surprise she is adorable. Than starts telling me about her niece who had twins and how one came home the day before. Another moment of almost crying in public, I am sure there will be many more. 

A question that comes up a LOT in my support groups is what do you say when asked how many kids you have or some variation of it. If they ask me flat out they will get the truth. I have two daughters one here and one just happens to be an angel. Some will ask, some will say I am sorry and leave it at that. 


As you can tell I have no problem talking about everything that happened. I have good days, ad bad days. Sometimes good days with bad moments. 

I will end this with a picture from Aaliyahs Studio session on Saturday with InSpire Me Photo.  At some point will make a post with pictures from all her sessions with Maria.


 

2 comments:

  1. You can tell them that one is an earthbound angel and the other happens to be an angel in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my experience, I have a relative and she had a twin sister. Her twin died early in the pregnancy. Every now and then they talk to each other or play with each other. When Willow (surviving twin) injured her ankle, her twin was there for her, checking up on her. Willows' twin sister is her guardian angel.

    ReplyDelete