Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Those Minor Holidays

I have never been big on Holidays or even birthdays. To me if family was getting together and food was involved I was happy. Add in gifts and like most people I like them.  Now I am a mom, not just an aunt, surrogate parental figure, etc...  I am a mom, I have my own little earthbound twin Aaliyah here and my angel twin Natalia. I want to make more of it for them. So I am trying, I still snicker a little but I will try to make traditions for them. Most may not understand but Natalia will ALWAYS be included in everything. (Which gives me a whole other blog post idea.)

I from a young age refused to to make gifts for mothers and fathers day. It didn't make sense to me to be good that one day. To give them a gift that one day. I loved making random cards, pictures and so on for my mom. Never a daddys girl, more like an uncles girl. (Another blog idea there).

Valentines has never been that big for me. We actually prefer to order in, toss a blanket on the floor and watch a movie. For us that is heaven.

I plan on celebrating most holidays with outfits for her. Why? Because I love clothes. For the most part I use clothes we have but you can always find a cheap outfit for holidays. Even if it is a simple t-shirt/onesie.




No comments:

Post a Comment