Thursday, February 21, 2013

Our NICU Neuro Follow Up Recap

Okay so the appointment was not surprising, they told me what I knew already. Her gross motor skills are great a little ahead. Her cognitive skills are a little behind. Fine motor skills are not good but we are still wondering if her eyes are effecting her development. They also felt her social skills are behind but the question is why is it the Micro and Liss or is it just her being lazy?

Everything they suggested we do her pt and I had already discussed previously. Things we are working on, but hey at least is shows we are on the right track.

Aaliyah was not as cooperative as I would have liked. So they did not see as much as I would have liked. 
What cracked me up is when they were concerned about her weight... She is in the. 5th %. While she is at the bottom she has a very steady incline. Her pedi is happy and I'm happy. 3/4 of my family are tiny. 1/2 DHs family is petit. So they said if I wanted to see the nutritionist. I did and we talked. I told her how Aaliyah eats every two hours from 6am-9:30pm, bottles every two hours and breast 1-2x a day. Also that I started to introduce solids. Showed her Aaliyah weight from all her appts and her response... I am doing great and to keep on as I am. 
Her PT was happy about how it went and not surprised that Aaliyah didn't cooperate she says Aaliyah is just a determined little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment